- 14 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 sea scallops, quartered
- 1 lb catfish fillets, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces or 1 lb cod, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning (Smokey Creole Seasoning)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced poblano chile
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh tomato sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
- 1 cup rice (Take note cooking time will be longer for brown rice) or 1 cup brown rice (Take note cooking time will be longer for brown rice)
- 3 -4 cups chicken stock
- 12 ounces andouille sausages, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine shrimp, scallops, catfish and Creole seasoning, and work in seasoning well.
- In a large, heavy, pot heat oil over high heat.
- Saute the onion, peppers and celery, 5 minutes. Add garlic, tomato sauce, bay leaves, Worcestershire and chipotle sauces.
- Stir in rice and add broth.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes for white 30 minutes for brown rice.
- Brown rice:.
- Check after 20 minutes and add more broth if using brown rice if needed,.
- When rice is just tender add shrimp, scallops, catfish mixture and sausage. Cook until seafood is done, about 10 minutes more.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and Creole seasoning BUT more then likely you won`t need to.