photo by Debi9400
- Ready In:
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 4 ounces chicken, diced
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 5 ounces andouille sausages, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a bowl combine shrimp, chicken and Creole seasoning, and work in seasoning well. Set aside.
- In a large pot heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper and celery. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire and hot sauces. Stir in rice and slowly add broth. Reduce heat to medium and cook until rice absorbs liquid and becomes tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- When rice is just tender add shrimp and chicken mixture and sausage. Cook until meat is done, about 10 minutes more. Season to taste with salt, pepper and Creole seasoning.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great flavour & easy to make. What sets this recipe apart from others is the addition of the worcestershire sauce & bay leaves. Like others I used E/L essence spice & added finely chopped jalapeno peppers. I increased the chicken, sausage & garlic abit and it was the perfect consistency for us. I also added chopped green onions & fresh parsley close to the end of cooking. I found the dish plenty salty & did not need to add the extra salt called for in the recipe. Awesome recipe, thanks for sharing.
This was amazing! I added extra amounts of the vegetables as I was using up some from my garden- that is really the only change I made though- I was worried that it would be too spicy- but it was not- It had just the right amount of kick- and the flavors went together SO well! I added just one teaspoon of salt and pepper at the end( instead of two)- The taste is just fantastic and everyone in my family loved it! Thanks for a great recipe!
YUM-MEE! So quick & easy to make and packed with flavour and heat. We loved this recipe! I used recipe #14372 for the cajun spice and Mad Dog 357 for the hot sauce. (It's higher on the heat level than Mikes Extra-Hot but also has a wonderful flavour,not just heat.) I also added 1 seeded and finely chopped jalepeno along with the tomatoes etc. I couldn't find andouille sausage here so used a hot chorizo instead. Served this with a crusty grainery bread & artichoke/asiago dip and fresh english cucumbers. There were no left overs!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Original Zaaarite. Food lovers. Lynnda passed away in March 2020. Her recipes live on here for everyone to enjoy and Rick continues the tradition. We will forever live together through our food. Live well. Eat well.?