Crock Pot Cream of Mushroom Soup
Very tasty soup. Many compliments on this soup. You may use top of stove for this soup, but it might be a little thick so adjust liquid. Energy Wise Cooking.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 4 cups thinly sliced mushrooms (I added 6 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups light cream or 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- Melt butter or margarine in large skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms and onion and saute until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg over vegetables; stir to blend well.
- Place in 5 quart slow cooker.
- Using wire whisk, beat in water, cream or half and half, sour cream and chicken broth.
- Cook covered, on LOW for 4 hours.
- Turn setting to high; cook 1 hour longer, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in parsley and Serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this yesterday and it was absolutely delicious! A few minor things I had to change: - I left on low for 6 hours - Used whipping cream and a little more water - Always use butter; never fake butter! I cut my mushrooms too large so I had to put soup in blender and then saute a cup+ more mushrooms that were VERY thinly sliced to put back it when serving . Thanks! Definitely will make again and again.