Recipe by barefootcountrygirl
I tried this chowder after an ice skating party, and when I went back for more it was long gone. It is rich and creamy and absolutely melts in your mouth. It is expected and devoured at every family gathering I have, there is never any left over, and always people asking for more.
Top Review by Ptangeles
This rates an "Excellent" in my recipe file. The simplicity is what makes the flavor so delicious. I always try a recipe the way it is written first then, if needed, add to it when I make it again. In this case, it's great just the way it is. Definitely a keeper. Thanks Barefootcountrygirl!
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups turkey broth or 2 cups chicken bouillon
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey (canned turkey works just as well, I use about four of those "tunafish" sized cans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, carrots, celery in butter until soft but not brown.
- Blend in flour.
- Gradually stir in broth, then half& half.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Stir in salt, pepper, cayenne, and turkey.
- Stir a few minutes until turkey is heated through.