photo by HillaryM
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 cups turkey broth or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Saute onion and garlic in butter in large pot. Do not brown, just until tender and translucent.
- Add potatoes, celery, carrots and broth. Cook at a simmer until veggies are tender.
- Add turkey and salt. Continuing until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired when serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>We live on a small little homestead in south-central Indiana. We have 6 children whom we homeschool. We also raise goats, chickens and sheep. I love cooking for my family and anyone else who comes over. We live pretty traditionally and simply. ?I blog about our days and review products related to homeschooling and homemaking at my website <a href=http://walkingfruitfully.com target=_blank>Walking Fruitfully</a>.?</p>