MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I don't know how this turkey and corn chowder got the name of Beggar's Chowder. Probably because it is so delicious, you will beg for a second bowl! From "Slow Cooker Favorites".
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 50mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 bone-in skinless turkey thighs, trimmed of visible fat
- 30 ounces cream-style sweet corn
- 10 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow onions, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb white mushroom, cleaned, stemmed and cut into quarters
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- ground black pepper
- Coat the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the butter, flour, garlic, thyme, paprika and pepper in a small bowl.
- Work into a smooth paste, using the back of a spoon.
- Rub the paste into all sides of the turkey thighs.
- Place the turkey thighs in the slow cooker.
- Add the corn, broth, onion and bell peppers.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or until the turkey is fork tender.
- Remove the turkey and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes to the cooking liquid.
- Cover and cook on high 30 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, remove the turkey from the bones and cut into bite-size pieces.
- When the mushrooms are tender, return the turkey to the slow cooker.
- Add the cream and parsley.
- Cook, covered, about 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper and garnish with more parsley, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION