Recipe by alenaellen
My boyfriend and I frequent this thai restaurant in Aurora Ontario. I once ordered their Bamboo Squid, and when I got home, I made some revisions and came up with my own version. I am not so good at cooking with measurements, The way I cook is by tasting, adding a lil here and there ;-) Enjoy!
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh ginger, sliced into strips
- 400 g squid
- 600 g frozen shrimp, head on
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 piece chicken bouillon
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 (580 ml) can bamboo shoots
- 200 g string beans, ends snapped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in wok, and saute garlic, onion and ginger.
- Add frozen squid and saute, then add shrimps and fish sauce; set aside.
- In the same wok, add string beans and bamboo shoots.
- Add coconut cream, and if you want a thinner consistency, you can dilute with water.
- Let it boil and add chicken bouillon.
- Adjust to taste, add curry powder, chili flakes and add a pinch of sugar to balance the taste.
- Place on top of hot jasmine rice and serve.