Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This soup is a wonderful change from the tomato based tortilla soups. This one is a combination of chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, salsa, and half and half. The original recipe is from allrecipes. com, but I have added a few of my own touches to it. We love this soup, and it can be "heated up" by the addition or reduction of the jalapenos added to it.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄2 cup chopped jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons new mexico chile powder (to taste)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix
- chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- tortilla chips
- monterey jack cheese, grated
- In a large pot over med. heat, saute garlic and onions in butter.
- Add broth, cream of chicken soup, and half and half.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add salsa, corn, chicken, cumin, chili powder, and jalapenos.
- Simmer soup for 1/2 to 1 hour, stirring often.
- Crumble tortilla chips into individual bowls, and ladle in the soup.
- Top with cilantro, cheese, and more tortillas if desired.