Recipe by *Parsley*
A little twist on regular cole slaw. Cook time is chilling time.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
This is great! I only made half a recipe b/c I assumed my 3 year old wouldn't touch it, so imagine my surprise when he asked for more "apple salad" :)! I have to admit that I used thinned plain yogurt instead of oil, as I like creamy coleslaw. I also used goat cheese which may have been a bit creamier than feta but was still delicious. For some reason I kept thinking about sunflower seeds as I ate this, so next time I think I may try putting some in. Thanks so much, Parsley! This is definitely a keeper. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
- 1 head green cabbage, cored and shredded
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cabbage, apple, carrot, onion, green peppers, and ONLY 1/4 cup of the feta in large bowl. Toss to mix.
- Make dressing in a seperate bowl by combining oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, celery seeds, salt and pepper; whisk to blend well.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss together to coat well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 - 3 hours; toss again and sprinkle top with remaining 1/4 cup feta cheese.