This recipe was taken from E-Cookbooks International Recipe Sampler
Make and share this Cheddar Cheese Soup - Canada recipe from Food.com.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, heat milk and chicken broth over med-low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a 4 or 5 quart Dutch oven, cook the bacon, stirring over med heat for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add the red onion, celery and scallion and cook, stirring until the onion has softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes.
- Remove Dutch oven from heat, add the heated milk mixture, and whisk until well blended.
- Return to heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, or until thickened.
- Remove the Dutch oven from heat and stir in cheese, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauces, salt and pepper until the cheese is melted and the soup is smooth.
- Serve soup hot, garnished with chives.
Yummy soup! This was a big hit with my little girl. Thanks, Sam!
A lovely soup, very much enjoyed by DH and I last night. Simple to prepare and lots of flavour, I put a dash of cayenne pepper on DHs, to serve, but for me, the flavours were perfect. I used up the celery in the fridge, so I probably had added more than the recipe requires, but I do like my veggies...... it was lovely! On my make again list, thanks, Sam!
Delicious! This is a rich and flavorful soup that we all enjoyed. It is very easy to make and is very satisfying. I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for sharing!