Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
Can't remember where I got this recipe from but it is EXCELLENT !! It is sure to become a favorite of yours.
Top Review by eveningtech
yum yum yummy. i used sweet onions, spicey brown mustard, rice vinegar, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and no liquid smoke (don't have any) i replaced the liquid smoke amount plus a tiny bit with honey bbq sauce. i made 3 chops so when i make 6 chops in the future i will double the recipe since i like extra sauce. it was exactly what i was looking for. thanks
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 medium onion, diced or sliced
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 6 pork chops
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauce: In pan combine water,vinegar,sugar,mustard,salt, pepper,and red pepper and onion.
- **You can add a small amount of lemon juice if desired.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
- Stir in ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke and return to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Brown the chops on both sides and place in a casserole dish.
- Pour the sauce over the chops.
- Bake 350 25-30 minutes.