Recipe by Geema
We enjoyed this soup at a friend's house and requested the recipe to share with you.
Top Review by Oolala
YUM! We loved it! My picky son didn't get to try it because he is out but the rest of us really liked it. For the half and half I used fat free and it worked out fine. I also used an immersion blender. Thanks Geema!
- 59.14 ml butter
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or crushed
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground coriander
- 0.59 ml cayenne
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 453.59 g can solid-pack pumpkin
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter.
- Saute onion and garlic until soft over medium heat.
- Add curry powder, salt, coriander, and red pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Add broth, simmer uncovered for 15- 20 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and half and half; cook 5 minutes.
- Pour into blender and puree until creamy.
- Reheat and serve.