Autumn Harvest Pumpkin Soup
- Ready In:
- Heat the oil in-a small saucepan.
- When moderately hot, add the onion and saute until tender.
- Add the pumpkin, tomato, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Carefully pour the hot mixture into a blender puree until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk and blend well.
- Return to heat to warm.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Tired of pumpkin soup that has the flavors of pie, I was instantly drawn to this more savory rendition of a favorite. The recipe is very easy to prepare and perfect for a quick meal. I used a Roma tomato preferring their meatiness and ease in seeding. A good dose of fresh white pepper and it was well seasoned and ready to go. I liked the savory combination but thought it did not hang together as well as I would have wanted. Update: Tonight I tried the leftovers with a tablespoon of salsa and a pinch of cinnamon. The spicy-heat combination was spunky and complimented the pumpkin soup very well. Definitely try it.