Zesty Mushroom Soup
I make this whenever fresh mushrooms are on sale, and I need a comforting soup. This is from one of those little magazines at the checkout line in the grocery store...I'm glad I had to wait in line the day I found this recipe. This can easily be doubled for 4 servings.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add flour, tarragon, cayenne, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; gradually add broth, half-and-half and wine.
- Cook 5- 10 minutes until mixtures thickens slightly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I doubled the recipe as I hate to dirty a pot for one day's soup! I only had whipping cream so I used it half and half with 1% milk. I didn't have the wine so left that out. The results were wonderful and so easy to make. For years I thought making soup was a huge production. This was so easy. We loved the tarragon taste. This recipe will be a keeper!