Low Carb Spicy Asian Soup
photo by Cathie H.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 22 cups water
- 6 tablespoons Knorr chicken bouillon (low sodium optional, to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup dried chives
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 3 hot Italian sausages (casing removed and Crumbled)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lb mushrooms or 1/2 cup dried mushroom, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1 lb baby bok choy, chopped
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 4 green onions, diced
- Fill stock pot with water put on stove at high temperature.
- Add garlic, ginger, soup base, sherry, soy sauce, cilantro, chives, parsley, chili flakes and black pepper to water.
- In a sauté pan, cook sausage then drain thoroughly. Add to the broth base.
- Chop mushrooms onions and celery. (You can sauté these ingredients first, or just add them to the pot.
- Chop baby bok, add to pot and simmer 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as required.
- Chop spinach and green onion and simmer 5 more minutes.
- Ladle out and scarf down! (daintily) Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Born in Ontario Canada. I love to cook, and with 6 siblings, learned to cook in large batches at an early age. My mother also had 6 siblings, and growing up in war torn England, learned to make great meals on a very tight budget. I learned to cook from my mother, and have always loved to cook myself. I will try any type of cuisine but almost never follow a recipe to the letter. I love to cook for people who love to eat. My husband and daughter (who has also come to enjoy cooking), enjoy small or large family meals, particularly when we are hosting and provide the mainstays of the meal. Picky eaters make me nuts, people who will not even try something new, don't know how to live.</p>