Ww 2 Points Weight Watchers Friendly Pumpkin Soup
- Ready In:
- 29 ounces Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons water
- 14 ounces 99% fat free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon freshly shredded romano cheese (to garnish)
- In large pot over med. heat cook onions in butter for about 5mins. Then add water so onions dont burn. Continue to cook onions until they are soft.
- Add pumpkin and chicken broth, stir well.
- Add remaining Ingredients except cheese and stir until it's well blended.
- If you like a thinner soup add water or fat free milk (milk will added calories).
- Serve in one cup portions, garnish with romano cheese. This is a nice low calorie cheese that adds wonderful flavor for no points! 1 Tbs. is only 15 calories! 1gm of fat!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It's hard to find good weight watcher recipes. This is excellent. It's very filling. Fresh shredded Parm. cheese is also great 20cal and 1gm of fat per tbs. I also added more chiken broth to thin it out more. It is thick, but soooo tasty.Thanks. I think it's even less than 2points per cup according to my calculation.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook foods of all kinds. I'm willing to try anything...to some degree??? My friends that know me well know how much I love to cook and could spend all my free time looking up recipes.