Zesty Meatball Noodle Soup
photo by karnold411
- Ready In:
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (Ro-Tel Tomatoes with Green Chiles are available in many supermarkets)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 1⁄2 ounces fresh fettuccine, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- Combine broth, tomatoes, 1 t garlic and cumin in a pot. Cover and bring to a boil; simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining garlic, beef, 1/2 cup cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl with hands. Shape into 3/4-inch meatballs.
- Add meatballs to broth. Cover and simmer 4 minutes. Add fettuccine and zucchini; bring to a boil.
- Simmer 2 minutes more, until fettuccine and zucchini are tender.
- Serve with remaining cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!