1/1 Photo of World's Best Taco Soup
8 hrs 20 mins
This is yet another "souped up" version of the popular Taco Soup recipes already available. Although there's nothing wrong with the other versions out there, this is just what I feel to be the "Cadillac" edition. A little bit of everything...from a can. This recipe makes quite a bit due to using standard can sizes, but trust me, it gets better as left-overs...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (Original recipe recommended)
- 1 (16 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans (white kidney, can use other white beans like great northern if unavailable)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can hominy (white or yellow)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained (stems & pieces are fine)
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives
- 1 (4 ounce) can green olives (typically difficult to find small can or jar so I just slice up some pimento-stuffed queen olives an)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 -1 1/2 lb ground beef or 1 -1 1/2 lb shredded chicken
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (ale style like Sam Adams or Sierra Nevada is recommeded)
- 2 teaspoons frank's hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1Brown meat along with bell pepper in large skillet.
- 2Drain the cans beans (not the Ranch Style, hominy, and olives into a bowl and set aside.
- 3Combine all the ingredients in a large crock pot and mix well.
- 4Add only enough of the liquid drained from the beans, hominy and olives required to just cover the ingredients.
- 5Cook on low setting for up to 8 hours (preffered) or high setting for 4 hours.
- 6Garnish as appropriate. I like a little shredded cheese and some saltine crakers. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for World's Best Taco Soup
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.0
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 1096.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hidden valley ranch dressing mix