Vegetarian Black Bean Taco Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained or 6 cups cooked black beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Pace Picante Sauce, I use medium
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- Saute onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add next seven ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings or by itself with crusty bread and a salad for an easy filling vegetarian meal!
- This can also be thrown into a crockpot in the morning and cooked for 7 to 10 hours.
- Leftovers freeze well and are great for lunches.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi. I am mom to a three year old son, 2 dogs, and a cat! We also have multiple tanks of fish floating around various rooms.... <br>I am trying to get my family eating healthier foods, my dh is a little picky about his food, so its hard sneaking the nutrition in. <br>I started running in July of 2007, that, work, and my son keep me moving all the time!