Left over Pork and Black Bean Taco Soup
I made this today using some left over pork roast. You can adjust according to your own tastes. This soup will freeze well. Cooking time includes dry bean cooking. If using canned it should only take 20 minutes.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup dried black beans (or 2 cans black beans)
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups cooked pork (left over CHOPPED pork,chicken, or beef)
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 small onion
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- garnish with shredded cheese and sour cream
- For dry black beans, rinse and sort. Soak them in 6 cups of water. Simmer on medium for about 1 hour until tender. If using canned beans, place them in the pot with 4-5 cups of water.
- Chop onion. Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT SALT.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes and salt to Taste.
- Garnish bowl with shredded cheese and sour cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This was a great soup. I had leftover pork and black beans. Threw in corn, carrots and a can of fire roasted tomatoes ?? (instead of the tomato paste since I only had cans and the squeeze tube was empty. The addition of the cumin and chili powder was a nice touch. I used homemade chicken bone broth instead of water. Great stuff and you can use whatever you have on hand. Oh, and I cooked it in my Instant Pot for 12 minutes. Yum.