1/5 Photos of The BEST Baked Potato Soup Ever!
Jeanette G's Note:
This really is the best baked potato soup I have ever tasted. I've had this recipe for quite a while now and I thought it was time to share with you guys!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium potatoes (about 2 cups chopped)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1Wash potatoes thoroughly and microwave until tender.
- 2If you would like you can always bake in a 400 degree oven for one hour or until done.
- 3As the potatoes are cooling, melt your butter in a large saucepan and saute your onions until light brown.
- 4Add in your flour to make a roux.
- 5Add in your chicken broth, water, cornstarch, instant mashed potatoes and spices and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce your heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 7Take your cooled potatoes and peel off the skin and chop up into desired pieces.
- 8Add in your chopped up potatoes and the heavy whipping cream to your soup and bring it back to a boil.
- 9Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until it is thick.
- 10Garnish with cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon and green onions.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The BEST Baked Potato Soup Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.4
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 124.8 mg
- Sodium 1661.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 16.0 g