The national dish of Spain. From Cooking Light May 2000
Make and share this Spanish Paella recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 118.29 ml lemon juice, divided
- 22.18 ml olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml water
- 4.92 ml saffron
- 1419.54 ml chicken broth
- 8 jumbo shrimp
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 113.39 g prosciutto
- 453.59 g chicken breast (chicken thighs or both)
- 473.18 ml onions, chopped
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, chopped
- 236.59 ml tomato, chopped, fresh (or canned)
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 709.77 ml arborio rice
- 236.59 ml peas, frozen
- 8 mussels, fresh
- Combine parsley; 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil and garlid to make herb blend. Set aside.
- Prepare broth - mix together water saffron and chicken broth in saucepan.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute chicken and remove.
- Saute sausage and prosciutto and remove.
- Saute shrimp and remove.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add onions and peppers and saute for 10 min or until soft.
- Add tomatoes, paprika and garlic and cook for 5 min.
- Add rice, cook for 1 min.
- Add meat (not seafood), rice, herb blend, and broth.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes
- Add mussels - cook 5 min.
- Add shrimp and peas- cook 5 min.
- Sprinkel 1/4 cup lemon juice on top.
- Remove pan from heat, cover with a towel (or similar) and let sit for 10 minutes.