Recipe by Miss Annie
A dish thats easy and quick. Tastes good too!
Top Review by Lorac
Make room in your cook book for this dish! Miss Annie uses poultry seasoning to transform a simple chicken and rice dish into an addiction. I thin sliced the carrots and mushrooms and browned the onions and mushrooms. I might add a bit more poultry seasoning next time because it enhances the the other flavors without dominating. Thank you Ann, I will make this often and share the recipe with my family and friends.
- 907.18 g chicken pieces, skinned
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled,sliced 1/2 inch
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml chicken bouillon granule
- 473.18 ml water
- 709.77 ml fresh mushrooms
- 177.44 ml long-grain rice
- 4.92 ml poultry seasoning
- 1.23 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken pieces, in oil, over medium heat in a 12-inch skillet with non stick coating, about 15 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Drain fat from skillet, if necessary.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, rice, onion, bouillon, poultry seasoning, 2 cups water, and salt.
- Place chicken atop rice mixture.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes on medium-low, or until chicken and rice are done.
- Serves 4.