Harvest Apple Chicken and Rice
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is very easy and quick to throw together. I came across it on the Rice-a-Roni website. My 4 yr old couldn't stop eating it! "This is a pretty good dinner, Mom!" This can be made on the stove top or baked in the oven.
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 ounce) package Rice-A-Roni, chicken flavored
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (use only 1 if you are going to bake)
- 1 cup apple juice or 1 cup cider
- 1 medium granny smith apple, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (we used canned)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries or 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes per side or until brown. Remove from skillet; set aside. (skip this step if you are going to bake).
- In same skillet over medium heat, saute rice-pasta mix with remaining 1 tablespoon Olive oil until pasta is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 1-1/4 cups water, rice's spice packet, apple juice, chopped apple, mushrooms, onion and cranberries; bring to a boil. (at this time you can either continue on the stove top or bake)
- Place chicken on rice. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside and rice is tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Transfer the mixture to a 3 qt baking dish for baking.
- Top with chicken and cover dish with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour or until chicken runs clear and rice is cooked all the way through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION