Harvest Apple Chicken & Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons margarine, butter
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries or 1/4 cup raisins
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon margarine. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes per side or until brown. Remove from skillet; set aside. In same skillet over medium heat, saute rice-pasta mix with remaining 1 tablespoon margarine until pasta is golden brown.
- Slowly stir in 1-1/4 cups water, apple juice, apple, mushrooms, onion and cranberries; bring to a boil. Place chicken on rice. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside and rice is tender. Let stand 5 minutes before.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I work in health care and love to cook. My mother is from France. I take after her, however with working long hours I like fast simple recipes Monday-Friday. On the weekend Icook those extra special dinners.