Chicken Taco Rice
photo by _Pixie_
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (13 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Satue chicken in oil in a dutch oven or other large pot until lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth, tomato sauce and Taco seasoning mix to pot, stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn and pepper, increase heat and return to a boil.
- Add uncooked rice and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer approximately 10 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I only had regular rice so I let it simmer at a low boil for 17minutes to cook the rice. My husband absolutely LOVED this dish! He has been asking for it ever since. I thought the chicken could use a little seasoning on it's own. Maybe salt, pepper, garlic on the skin. But overall it was a great recipe and a definite keeper!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a St. Louis girl through and through. I am a mom of three, two boys and a wonderful daughter, married to my high school sweetie for the last 28 years. My hubby and I are on the verge of being empty nesters and are excited to see what this phase of our lives has in store for us. In the last year my sister and I have been exploring our family history and it has been a wonderful and educational experience. Food and cooking has been a big part of my life from the time I was a little girl and I look forward to sharing that same, wonderful part of our heritage to my future grandchildren.