Zesty Chicken Taco Rice Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 ounce taco seasoning mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 medium red peppers or 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
- Cook chicken in hot oil in large skillet until lightly browned.
- Stir in broth, tomato sauce, seasoning mix, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in corn and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
- Serve with cheese and tortilla chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is always the first request I get from my grown children when they return to town and it is so easy. The only tweak that I made to the original Minute Rice recipe is adding 1/2 large sweet onion, diced while browning the chicken and use low sodium taco seasoning as it seems to have a bit more spice.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Sultan, WA, but grew up in the mid-west. I'm a wife and mother of two boys. <br> <br>I love to cook, gardening/landscaping, and decorating. I collect cookbooks and love to look at them for new ideas. <br> <br>I am trying to write down all of my family's recipes for my children to have someday. I think it's important that family and even regional food traditions are known and passed on to future generations. <br> <br><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket>