Recipe by I_love2nurse in Canada
This recipe came from the pork producers of Nova Scotia, Canada that I got many years ago. I made it for the first time the other day and everyone loved it. It is also very easy to make and great for using left over pork.
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup salted peanuts
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup pork stock or 250 ml chicken stock
- 1 cup apple, wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped chutney (optional)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, saute onion, red pepper, celery, and peanuts in butter.
- Stir in flour, then add stock.
- Add chutney, curry, salt, pepper, and sugar. Simmer 10 minutes, or until thickened, stirring often.
- Add the apple wedges and cooked pork and heat thoroughly.
- Serve with hot rice.