Pork Curry ( for the Ladies)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 green chili, seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat a pot and melt the butter.
- Fry the onions and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon, chili powder,coriander, cumin and turmeric, stir and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the pork and cook for 3 minutes stirring to coat the meat with the spices.
- Add the chopped tomato and puree with the water, mix well and add the chopped chili coconut cream and paprika.
- Cover pot and cook on low heat till the meat is tender, approx 30 minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with rice and a vegetable curry for a complete meal.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Mine came out really well. I used ghee instead of butter. I like the taste and there's no risk of burning the butter. I added a little salt along with the tomatoes and again at the end. Tasted when meat was tender and added a touch of garam masala but that's a personal thing. An hour for my meat to be tender but it was a cheap cut. Well done, Michael
Very nice and quite easy. I used pork loin steaks (fat removed and diced) and - as the steaks were quite thin - only cooked for 20 minutes. Instead of the individual spices (cinnamon down to turmeric on the list of ingredients) I used garam masala instead. The pork was perfectly cooked - any longer and it would have been overcooked (and you know what happens then). I will certainly be making this again.