Recipe by Dib's
Great on brats, hot dogs and burgers. Puts a zing in potato salad also.
Top Review by Kim D.
I made this to serve on Beer Brat's and hotdogs and it was a huge hit! The recipe calls for 3/4 oz. of powdered fruit pectin, but the packets I found in the store were sold in 1 3/4 oz. packets. I'm not sure there was a typo in the recipe, but I used about a half of packet. Turned out fine. I will definatley make this again, but next time, I might double the recipe!
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 large bell pepper
- 2 medium onions
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 -2 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 teaspoons French's mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 ounce powdered fruit pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and seed cukes and finely chop.
- Finely chop onions and peppers.
- Place in a colander and drain for 1 hour-squeeze and toss into a large pot.
- Add vinegar, mustard, horseradish, salt, celery seed and ginger.
- Add pectin and mix WELL.
- bring to a full rolling boil and all the sugar.
- Bring to a hard boil again and boil for 1 minute-your doing a lot of stirring also.
- Remove from heat, skim and ladle into hot sterilized jars leaving 1/8 inch head space.
- Process for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.