Seasoned Jalapeno Relish
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
2 half pints
- 12 -15 small jalapenos
- 1 slicing tomatoes
- 1⁄4 yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Get a large stock pot 2/3 full of water and bring to a boil. Begin sterilizing your jars.
- Using gloves, remove stems and seeds from the jalapenos.
- Slice the tomato and add to the food processor with the jalapenos.
- Roughly chop the quarter of the yellow onion and take the skins off the garlic cloves. Add to food processor along with cumin, cilantro, apple cider vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Process until finely minced. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Add relish to hot, sterilized jars and leave 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rims and process in a boiling-water bath for 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!