MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Great on hot dogs and hamburgers or with tortilla chips.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 9 cups diced jicama
- 1 tablespoon whole pickling spices
- 3 inches cinnamon
- 8 cups white vinegar (5% acid)
- 4 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 4 cups diced yellow bell peppers
- 4 cups diced red bell peppers
- 4 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 2 finger hot chili peppers, minced with seeds (6 inch)
- Place cinnamon stick and pickling spice in a spice bag.
- In a large stainless steal or enamel pot combine spice bag, vinegar, sugar and pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil-reduce heat and simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
- Discard spice basg and ladle relish into clean, hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Seal and process for 20 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Let stand overnight and then check seals.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION