Jalapeno Pickle Relish
This is fantastic on hot dogs and hamburgers! Kind of a sweet hot relish that wont kill you!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 quarts jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 quart cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 5 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons pickling spices
- Combine jalapenos, cukes, onions and the salt in a large glass bowl, cover with cold water and let stand for 2 hours-drain and press veg to remove excess water.
- Combine the sugar and vinegar in a large pot, tie the spices in cheesecloth and add to the liquid.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 15 minute.
- Add veg and simmer for 10 min-remove spice bag.
- Pack into clean hot jars and process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I've made this relish for a few years now and never got around to reviewing it. It has a wonderful flavor and it's not too hot. It's easily adjusted if you're a fan of really hot - just add more jalapenos. Aside from the usual topping on hot dogs and hamburgers, I've added it to my sloppy joe mixture, my deviled eggs, potato salad, macaroni salad, tuna salad, and egg salad. It's a great addition to all of those!!!