Green Bean Mustard Relish
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Cook vegetables in lightly salted boiling water until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard liquid.
- In separate saucepan combine vinegar and sugar and bring up to a boil.
- Meanwhile combine flour, mustard and tumeric with cold water and stir slowly into hot vinegar mixture.
- Add celery seed and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to simmer while you pack into prepared (sterilized) jars filling to within 1/2" of the top making sure vinegar solution covers the vegetables.
- Process in boiling water bath five minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
One of my PAC picks Spring 2007 I narrowed this down to 1/2 lb green beans and made just one pint as the beans in my supermarket were too wrinkled, rusted and just plain ugly to put up. We all loved this relish and I can't wait for the pickings to be good this summer. I know I'll be making up a few batches; I love "putting by" as the old folks say. Thanks, MEW, I'll be adding something new to my pantry this year.