1/3 Photos of Linda's Italian Salad With Spicy Italian Dressing
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This is one of my creations that I served with Chicken and Veal Marsala, Fettuccini Alfredo, and Italian Garlic Bread for a dinner I had with company last winter... It was a perfect salad to serve with my special Italian dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3 cups red leaf lettuce, torn
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, lg. stems removed, then torn
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced, then each slice cut into thirds
- 2 (8 ounce) cans quartered artichokes, drained
- 6 pepperoncini peppers, cut in half
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into slices, then cut in half
- 1 (14 ounce) can black olives, cut in half
- salt and pepper, to taste
- garlic and herbed croutons (optional)
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese (optional)
spicy Italian dressing
- 2Add greens to a lg. salad bowl. Mix well.
- 3Add peppers, onions, artichokes, pepperocini peppers, tomatoes and black olives. Mix well with salad forks or with your hands.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Make dressing.
- 6Makes 8 servings.
- 8Mix oil, vinegar, sugar, thyme, dry mustard and garlic together well in a bowl with a whisk.
- 9Add to salad mix right before serving, and mix well with salad forks.
- 10Add Parmigiano Reggiano, if using.
- 11Top with croutons, and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Linda's Italian Salad With Spicy Italian Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.9
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1074.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g