Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is courtesy of Elizabeth Turnbull from "Mountain Made Best Made". I have "tweaked" this and hopefully it is even better now. Hope you enjoy! You can make this as mild or spicy as you like, just taste it for seasoning, please.
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned & cooked
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped scotch bonnet pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Saute bell pepper, Scotch Bonnet pepper, onion, celery, and garlic in butter, for 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, prepared mustard, sugar, Tabasco(if using), seasonings and bay leaf.
- Simmer 20-25 minutes, stirring often.
- Add shrimp and simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
Love it I did mot make it hot but taste just like a restaurant in Miami !