Creole Shrimp Stew
- 1⁄3 cup bacon, Chopped
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 3 cups seafood stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- creole spices
- 2 lbs shrimp, uncooked, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, Minced
- Cook bacon in large, heavy pan over medium heat until fat escapes and bacon is crisp.
- Blend in flour and whisk until it burns a peanut brown color.
- Add celery, onion, green pepper and green onions and cook, stirring until vegetables soften, about 10 minutes.
- Blend in tomato paste, seafood stock, water, lemon juice, sugar and spices to taste.
- Stir to blend mixture into a roux.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer very slowly, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Add uncooked, shelled, deveined shrimp and parsley and continue to cook over low heat, just until shrimp turn pink. taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve hot over hot rice. 4 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Well, in trying to make a few corrections on my about me page, I managed to delete all the banners I have had in the past. So bear with me as I try to rebuild this mistake <img src=http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/LadyBlueNose/Contest%20Banners%20-%20Feb%202010/05-1-1-1-1.jpg border=0 alt= />.<img src=http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/LadyBlueNose/Contest%20Banners%20-%20Feb%202010/beans3Participant-1.jpg alt= width=300 height=200 /><a href=http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp330/LadyBlueNose/Contest%20Banners%20-%20Feb%202010/beans3Participant-1.jpg><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/Sharon123CookathonParticipationSticker.jpg alt= width=406 height=111 /></a><a href=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v51/tiggrr34/?action=view?t=HolidayOrnamentSwapTag2c-1-1-1.jpg target=_blank><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/tiggrr34/HolidayOrnamentSwapTag2c-1-1-1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/my3chefs2009final-1.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Recipezaar%20Album/iplaytagin.jpg alt= /><img src=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/ZaarStar-AMBanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif alt= /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/Swap14.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/dcmac/dpg11.gif alt= /></a></p> <p> </p>