Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A passed-down family recipe. Serve over my Orzo Pilaf, or rice. Add some hummus and taboleh, and bring on the belly dancers!
- 1 lb cubed lamb
- 2 lbs cut green beans (frozen is best)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup hot water
- Brown meat and onions in a little olive oil.
- Add spices and water and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add greenbeans and tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer for one hour.
- Or bake in oven at 450 for one hour.
I love this stew. My recipe is almost the same as this one, except I use fresh tomatoes and no tomato paste.The lamb comes out so tender and juicy.
This dish was very good!the only thing I really added was a few cloves of garlic. I also put it in a crock pot on low for about 4 hours after browning the lamb. It turned out very tender. Next time, I would add the beans maybe about an hour before serving instead of letting them cook the entire time. Even so, it turned out good. Very delicious over over rice pilaf.
I made this tonight to accompany your recipe for Kibbeh and they were wonderful together! The only thing I changed about this recipe is I only used 6 oz. of tomato paste (my husband prefers it less pasty), I added 1 tbsp. of sugar and I used 2 cups of water. We haven't had a truly Lebanese meal like this since his mother passed away! Thank you so much for the recipe!!