Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes
photo by DeliciousAsItLooks
- Ready In:
- Cook beans in water, until tender.
- In a fry, melt butter and add garlic salt, sugar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Swish cherry tomato halves around until barely soft and heated, but not squishy.
- Add the drained beans and mix well.
- (TO SAVE TIME, you can use drained canned green beans instead of fresh green beans and canned stewed tomatoes instead of fresh cherry tomatoes. Just add the canned vegetables to the butter/basil mixture and heat through. I do this frequently and it works o).
This was fabulously tasty and easy! I used fresh green beans and that seemed to make a real difference! I didn't have garlic salt so I used garlic powder instead. The combination of butter, sugar, basil and garlic is quite outstanding, and perfect for tomatoes and beans. This makes 4 really generous servings, but even so, this recipe is guaranteed to be gobbled whole... it's really exceptional. Thanks Merlot, this one will be a regular!
This was a great side dish! I do not expect my son to eat his beans, so when he finished these off, I was shocked! The basil and garlic was not too over powering (because of the sugar?) Yet the flavors all came together to enhanse the flavor of the tomatoes??? I am still not sure why these beans tasted so good to my son, or to myself. I will have to repeat this recipe many times to figure it out I guess.