Curried Rice Pilaf With Lamb
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 shoulder lamb chops
- salt and pepper
- 2⁄3 cup long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, if desired
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in butter.
- Remove chops; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add rice to pan drippings; cook, stirring constantly, until grains turn golden brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; pour into prepared dish.
- Arrange chops on top.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until rice and chops are tender and liquid is absorbed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I LOVE to cook and eat and read cookbooks. My kitchen really does overfloweth with them and of course this has quickly become my favorite cooking site! I live with my husband in a small town in eastern Connecticut. We are both retired. My children are all grown and have families of their own now. Our 3 grandchildren and 1 great-granddaughter all live in Florida and it goes without saying that we miss them very much, so when my husband retired last year we celebrated by buying a small RV! We so enjoyed driving it to Florida to spend the holidays with the little ones. Although COVID has prevented us from repeating the trip this year, I am enjoying learning new recipes to make in our RV for next year. I think the Instant Pot and the Crock Pot will be my new best friends while traveling!