Amazing and Fast Pressure Cooker Short Ribs
I made this up from a bunch or recipes -- it is wonderful served with rice pilaf, or noodles. The meat is so tender-falls off the bone! Time-- does not include natural steam cooling time
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 lbs beef chuck beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups beef broth or 1 3/4 cups stock
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in heavy pan then brown short ribs ( cut up ) in the oil.
- Put short ribs in pressure cooker.
- Put in pressure cooker red wine, beef broth, onion (sliced thick),
- garlic (chopped), honey, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to high pressure.
- Cook at high pressure for one hour.
- Turn off and let steam come down naturally -- do not open cooker until steam is completely released.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
My gram used to make something similar over 50 years ago in her stove top Presto Pressure cooker. I know she didn't use the honey, brown sugar nor the red wine. She made up her own sauce with Beef Bouillon, about a tablespoon of Karo Syrup and a 1/4 cup graph juice. It was more like a sweet and sour sauce that she thicken with a cornstarch and water slurry at the end.