Recipe by evelyn/athens
I love to make these biscuits for my family on the weekend. They're great to eat on their own, but can't be beat with a slice of sweet ham!
Top Review by Stacy D.
Made these spur of the moment and they were a real hit! I have never made cheese biscuits before and found this recipe really easy to follow and carry out using an electic mixer.
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups self raising flour (up to 1/2 cup more may be necessary)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced very fine
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together in a medium bowl the milk, mayo, sugar, 2 cups flour and garlic, adding 1/2 cup more flour (if necessary) so that dough can be dropped from a spoon and hold its shape. At that point, streak dough with cheese. Drop by spoonful 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush a little melted butter on the top of each biscuit and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Note: Be careful not to add too much flour or biscuits will be dry and hard.