Recipe by Caroline Cooks
Delightfully refreshing. For spicy taste--substitute green chiles for green pepper. Add a dollop of salsa or sour cream and chopped chives to enhance the flavor.
Top Review by Cucina Casalingo
Wonderful way to use fresh summer corn. I made this as directed only substituting half-and-half. I also pureed about 1/3 of the soup in a blender and then added it back into the soup along with the remaining ingredients before the final heating. This gave the soup a creamy base along with the texture of the corn... Absolutely delicious!
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups corn, cut from cob, about 4 ears
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄3 teaspoon white pepper
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimiento, diced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion and peppers in butter in a large saucepan for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chicken broth, sugar, salt and white pepper.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in half and half; cook until thoroughly heated.
- DO NOT BOIL.