Green Rice (Cheesy Broccoli Rice)
This recipe contains green chiles which is different from the other recipes posted. We make this every year for Thanksgiving and we fight over the left overs. We usually double the recipe. Feel free to use more or less broccoli to suit your tastes. You can increase the ratio of rice to broccoli if you have picky eaters. If you increase the amount of rice also increase the amount of Cheez Whiz.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 ounce) bag chopped broccoli or (10 ounce) bag baby broccoli florets
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In a saute pan, onion and celery in butter until soft.
- In large saucepan combine soup, Cheez Whiz, water and green chiles over medium heat.
- In large casserole dish, combine rice, broccoli, and soup mixture. Stir in onion and celery. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.