Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my own modified version of the jambalaya recipe at crockpot.com. The ingredient list is long, but it's simple. I have always used instant/minute rice, and it has always cooked just fine. Some reviewers have needed more liquid, perhaps it varies by what type of rice is used.
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules or 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups sausage, diced
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and cleaned (you can use fresh or frozen, but I highly recommend fresh)
- Mix all ingredients but sausage and shrimp in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours.
- About halfway though cooking, add the sausage.
- About an hour before serving, turn to high and stir in uncooked (but thawed) shrimp. Cover and cook until shrimp are pink.