Jambalaya (Crock Pot)
From Women's Day.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
- 2 teaspoons salt-free cajun seasoning
- 12 ounces peeled large shrimp
- Layer onion, pepper, celery and turkey kielbasa in a 31/2-qt or larger slow-cooker.
- Mix tomatoes and their juices, rice and seasoning in medium bowl, breaking up tomatoes with a spoon. Pour in slow-cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours until vegetables and rice are tender.
- Stir in shrimp, cover and cook 20 minutes until cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley and hot sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this for supper tonight, and it was deelish!! DH is devouring this! I used home made salt-free cajun seasoning, diced canned tomatoes, and needed to stir in about 1 cup of water midway to suffficiently moisten the rice. Adjusted the cook time for my older model crock pot, it was done after 5 hours on HIGH. A very yummy meal that I will be making again. Thanks dicentra! Made for the Seafood and Crock Pot Photo Challenge in the photos forum.Reply
see 1 more