Recipe by Tamaretta
Very tasty, gluten free meatloaf using rice as the binder. Not sure where the recipe originated. If I am pressed for time, I will bake these in muffins tins instead of the loaf pan. Also, my family prefers the celery, onion and bell pepper be sauteed in a little broth or oil prior to adding to the meat.
Top Review by butterflyamy7575
It's really hard to find good gluten free recipes, and this is definitely one of them the whole family can enjoy! It IS creole . . .I looked it up online, and while there are different variations, they all have the same basic idea (and none of them are spicy, contrary to what one might think). This has a lot of veggies, too, which is great. I add a couple of pickes diced up and a little parmesan cheese too!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 egg
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce (with basil and garlic) or 1 (8 ounce) cantomato sauce and 1 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine meat, rice, onion, celery, bell pepper, salt, thyme and egg. Add 1/2 can of tomato sauce.
- Blend and pat gently into 9 X 5 loaf pan.
- Bake 45 mins - 1 hour.
- Pour off grease.
- Top with remaining 1 1/2 cans tomato sauce (or 1/2 can sauce and ketchup).
- Cook 10 more minutes or until sauce is heated.