Recipe by Joe Bob Mac
A light, delicious dish combining whole grain,vegetables, and lean beef. Using a variety of bell pepper(red,yellow,green) adds color pleasing to the eye.A can of drained sliced mushrooms also accents this casserole. Omit salt,as it is provided by the bouillon. Wholesome and healthy.
Top Review by Bec
I loved this! It reminded me of something I once had... My siblings suggested adding corn or mixed veggies next time, which I agree would taste pretty good. So, I recommend this for a yummy meal that will please all! Bec
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef (round, is My choice, the leaner the better)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped (or a mix of red,yellow, and green)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup raw brown rice (DO NOT USE INSTANT VARIETY)
- 2 cups beef bouillon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red hot sauce (Tabasco type)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in a non-stick skillet.
- Remove beef from skillet and drain.
- Return beef to skillet adding vegetables and rice.
- Cook over medium heat until rice is golden brown (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in beef bouillon,hot sauce, and parsley.
- Heat to boiling,simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour skillet mixture into a 2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.