Brown Rice and Lentil Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3⁄4 cup lentils
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (I use more)
- 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar or a blend is preferable)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except the cheese in a baking dish (I use an 11 x 7).
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Then remove the foil, add the cheese, and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
Join The Conversation
This is a solid recipe that can easily be tweaked for personal preferences. I made the recipe as written, except for leaving one area without cheese (for me, the poor lone dairy-free person in the house). I thought it was tasty as is, but I splashed on some hot sauce which definitely took it up a notch. My family gave it a thumbs up because they will eat anything with cheese on it, LOL. Next time I plan to add veggies and maybe experiment with different spice blends.