Stir-Fried Honey-Ginger Chicken With Peppers
A quick stir-fry loaded with sweet peppers and chicken. I really like red, yellow and orange pepper rather than green and this one is right up my alley. Can use baby peppers too if you want them sweeter. The recipe calls for cilantro, but I sub parsley...
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 3 orange bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed) or 3 yellow bell peppers, thinly sliced (ribs and seeds removed)
- cooked rice, for serving
- fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- In a small bowl, stir together honey, vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over high until hot. Add 1 tablespoon oil and swirl to coat skillet. Add chicken and stir until opaque but not cooked through, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil, ginger, and garlic to skillet and stir until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add peppers and stir 2 minutes. Add soy mixture and bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet and toss until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over rice, topped with cilantro.